Sunday, August 9, 2009

More Crafty Fun!

Look!!! 2 posts in one month! Well, just barely, but it still counts.

Since my last post I've been mostly working, but I have had some crafty opportunities. I just got finished painting 2 boxes for a friend.
I've also been having a rotten bout of insomnia this past week. I had high hopes of sleeping Friday night when I went to bed but was sorely disappointed when I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 2:15am. I surfed on the net for a while and then I got the idea that if I wasn't sleeping, I could at least be productive, so I started organizing my little craft area. When I first set up my craft area I had intended to keep it neat and orderly. If you know me at all, neat and orderly usually doesn't fit in the same sentence with me. The little table quickly became a catch-all. Last weekend I went out and bought some rubbermaid storage drawers just for that purpose. I started working on putting everything away and organizing Saturday morning. It says a lot about the sad state of affairs that I'm still working on it.
I also found out that yarn was a sales tax free item this weekend...
I went by In the Loop at their new shop and I couldn't let these 4 skeins stay there. They begged me to bring them home. Who am I to ignore pretty yarn? And believe me, that's some beautiful stuff!

2 comments:

Squishypig said...

Those boxes turned out so cute! I hear you on the good intentions to keep things organized. I feel like I am constantly "organizing".

Aunt Spicy said...

L-O-V-E those boxes! THe color choces are excellent!