Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bad Ass Knittin Bag Part 3

When I started working on my bag Friday, this is what it looked like:



When I got finished working on it Friday, this is what it looked like:



So this is what I've been workng on:



If you're wondering, no I didn't mistakenly put those first 2 pictures out of order. I wish that was the case. Very frustrated, very disappointed that I had to rip all of that work out. When I went to move my hoops and looked back at my work I realized that the metallic thread I was using just wasn't working the way I wanted and I wasn't happy with how it was looking. I think I could lave probably fixed part of the problem, but I didn't want to chance it and not have the time to do something else.

Note to self: I don't think metallic thread was meant for that kind of satin stitch.

So, as you can see, I've been knitting this weekend. I've been kind of sick over having to rip out all that work and just couldn't face looking at my embroidery again without a short break. I've gotten some good work done on my knitting. And, even better, I've discovered that knitting and purling the "right" way have now become habit for me.

Tommow, back to the embroidery.

2 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

Yay for the knitting working for you! It takes some adjusting when you change anything.

Karen S. said...

Oh man, I can't believe you had to tear that out and start over again. What a letdown! I don't blame you for moving on to something else for a bit. Minor setback, you'll work it out.