Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Night Knitting

I have been a bit under the weather the past few days. First with what I believe is/was a sinus infection which is settling into my chest. Since I have asthma I try to be very careful anytime I have congestion in my chest. Anyway, the moral is that I haven't really felt a whole lot like knitting or really much of anything.

Last night was Halloween, though. I love Halloween. I love seeing the kids, handing out treats...everything. I love hearing the comments from the kids when they see that we don't give out candy (except this year I gave out a little). This year's offerings included little plastic bugs and snakes, stickers, play-doh, spider rings, vampire teeth, noise makers and fun size snickers and twix. Given how I felt though, my heart just wasn't in it this year.

Michael and I got our pumpkins set up and our cauldron of goodies and we made ourselves comfortable in our rocking chairs in the front yard as soon as it started getting dark. We waited. And waited. And waited some more. We usually have kids coming by as soon as it gets a little dark. This year it we didn't get our first visitor until almost an hour later than normal. I was bored with the waiting, so I went inside and got my knitting. I had plenty of light from our front door light and it helped keep me warm. I got a fair amout ot of work done sitting there seeing all the little kiddies come by.

My favorite: The kid who was calling out "Trick or Treat, Smell my underpants!"

1 comment:

Carrie Penny said...

Troy and I have decided we are just going to have to move to get into the spirt... We have lived here for 3 years and only 1 in the whole time has come by. We carved pumpkins, had our lights on everything, and not a single Halloweener...