Friday, February 22, 2008

Ready for the Weekend!

Aaahhh! Friday.
Nothing makes a bad week better like Friday at 5pm. And this has been a particularly bad week! But what makes it so great is that I don't think I'll have to work any this week to keep up with my work load. Can you imagine my happy dance?

This means that I have a whole weekend, 2 blissful days to do all the things I want to do. I don't have to cram everything into one day! Saturday we're going to the SC Book Festival. We went last year and it was great! We met several authors, got some books autographed and got lots of reasonably priced books. After that we're planning on renting all of the Godfather movies, ordering pizza for supper and just generally relaxing. I'll probably take a nap too so that I can stay awake through Saturday Night Live. Of course, while we're parked in front of the TV, I'm going to be working on my knitting.

I have several projects that I want to work on. One is a hot dish carrier that a co-worker wants me to see if I can make. So it looks like I'm going to have to pick my engineering minded husband's brain on making a pattern. I also found some patterns for a bib and burp cloths, but I don't know any women who are pregnant right now. Until I have a specific reason to make them those are going on the back burner for now. Last weekend I bought 2 embroidery projects. I'm thinking about one of them for a friend's wedding. I also have a simple knitting pattern for an afghan that I want to try.

So many projects, so little time!!

No comments: